Nippon Kan Beginning and General Aikido Classes
WELCOME NEW BEGINNERS
Beginning Aikido Classes
Beginning Aikido classes at Nippon Kan are specially designed for beginning students with a carefully developed curriculum. Nippon Kan offers classes for beginning students starting with 24 sessions held per year. Over 20,000 students have participated in the Nippon Kan beginner class program.
What is unique about Nippon Kan’s Beginner Classes?
- Highly trained staff of instructors under the guidance of Gaku Homma Sensei, the Founder of Nippon Kan.
- A Beginning curriculum perfected over 35 years of experience offers a well rounded introduction to the art of Aikido.
- Unique traditional Japanese practice space with modern amenities.
- No contracts, initiation fees or other hidden charges: The fee for beginners class sessions, held twice a week for six weeks is $55.00.
- Uniforms and equipment are not required for beginner’s class students. Loose comfortable clothing is sufficient. Uniforms are available in the office for $60.00
2013 Next Beginning Class Schedule
|Start||March 4, 2012||Finish||April 10, 2013|
|Start||April 29, 2013||Finish||June 5, 2013|
|Start||June 24, 2013||Finish||July 31, 2013|
|Start||August 19, 2013||Finish||September 24, 2013|
|Start||October 14, 2013||Finish||November 20, 2013|
|Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 pm|
|Start||March 12, 2013||Finish||April 18, 2013|
|Start||May 7, 2013||Finish||June 13, 2013|
|Start||July 9, 2013||Finish||August 15, 2013|
|Start||September 3, 2013||Finish||October 10, 2013|
|Start||October 29, 2013||Finish||December 5, 2013|
|Start||March 23, 2013||Finish||April 28, 2013|
|Start||May 18, 2013||Finish||June 28, 2013|
|Start||July 13, 2013||Finish||August 18, 2013|
|Start||September 7, 2013||Finish||October 13, 2013|
|Start||November 2, 2013||Finish||December 8, 2013|
The fee for the six-week, 12-class session is $55.
- Register by regular mail.
Download registration form (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)
and send to Aikido Nippon Kan at:
1365 Osage Street
Denver Colorado, 80204
- Register in person. Please plan to arrive about 15 minutes before class begins to register in person.
- Class fees of $55.00 may be paid in cash or by check. (credit cards not accepted). Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. Valid Identification is also required for class registration.
You must be 16 years of age or older to attend the beginners class.
|5:15pm-6:30 pm||6:30pm-7:45pm||7:45 to 9pm|
|Monday||General Class*||Beginners Class||Hakama Class|
|Tuesday||General Class||Beginners Class|
|Wednesday||General Class||Beginners Class||Technical Expert Class|
|Thursday||General Class||Beginners Class|
|Friday||Weapons Class (until 7:00 pm)|
|Saturday||Beginners Class||Youth Program||Advanced Youth Program|
* Hakama Kai is held on the first Monday of each month from 7:45 - 9:00 p.m. On other Mondays, the 7:45 - 9:00 p.m. class is for advanced students.
Once you have finished your beginners’ class you are eligible to join as a regular Nippon Kan member. Nippon Kan offers general classes for regular members throughout the week. Our general instructor staff is highly trained and experienced, offering a variety of teaching style. Advanced classes and weapons class are also offered on a qualified basis. Transfer students are always welcome.
Classes are held every Saturday from 10:00 to 11:00 am. for our younger members from 7 to 15 years of age.
The Advanced Youth Program is held every Saturday from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm. Youth Program students who practice in the advanced class have been personally evaluated and approved by the instructor.
Uniforms are not required for Nippon Kan’s Youth Program classes. Like the adult classes, there are no contracts or initiation fees. Monthly Youth Program membership dues are $25.00 per month. More…
Aikido students new to the area are welcome to join Nippon Kan as a transfer student. There are no limitations or restrictions based on former style or affiliation. If a transferring student is interested in transferring rank, please report your current rank to office personnel. Because rank is not determined by testing at Nippon Kan, we ask transfer students to attend general and beginning classes to become familiar with Nippon Kan style, philosophy and rules of etiquette. After a period of observation, rank transfers can be granted. In accordance with Japanese martial art tradition, students may not transfer into Nippon Kan if the applicant was not in good standing at their previous dojo. Students over the rank of 3rd kyu need to have a letter of recommendation from their previous instructor.
All out-of-town guests are welcome to practice at Nippon Kan. Mat fees for one class are $7.00 ($12.00 for two consecutive classes). Long-term live-in study programs are also available. Please contact Nippon Kan or click here for information about the Uchideshi Program.
Nippon Kan is conveniently located near downtown Denver and is easily accessible. Nippon Kan has many visitors every year. Visitors are our guests and we welcome you to practice with us. We do ask that visitors refrain from teaching their own style and comply with Nippon Kan rules of courtesy.
Monday through Thursday 5:30 to 6:30 pm. Our office staff will be happy to answer any questions for you upon request.
Map and Directions